Jun 15, 2006

today. the day before tomorrow.

i was blow drying my hair this morning, in my usual kneeling position, the one that puts both my feet to sleep simultaneously, when i heard my roon corkie leaving the house. i opened my bedroom door to provide a view to the exterior door of our 1905 house. it opened. she left. it closed. i waited until i heard a car door. then an engine. then a gear shift. then tires. and then...i got up. it was hard at first...to wake both feet. but they did great. we (my feet and i) made it all the way to the back door, then my hands pitched in. they opened the door and started to waving. they waved hard. but corkie didn't look up. she had to stop, reverse, turn the wheel and put it in first again to make the turn out of the parking lot. but she never had to look up. so she didn't. i wasn't mad. but i would have liked it if she looked up. she was driving to her mom's house and then they were driving to seattle. she had a lot on her mind.

No comments: