Jun 4, 2012

Governor's Island

Saturday we headed to Governor's Island for our first time. We went because of this exhibit about Graphic Design that Regan wanted to see and we both loved it all. I think it's our new favorite place. Everything about it was just so pleasant. The free ferry, the cool views of the city, the vast open grass, the perfect temperature. I think next time we'd rent bikes to ride around it and bring some actual food and not come an hour after the live re-enactment of 19th century baseball ended! Live and learn I guess.
Here's Regan pouting because the vending machine broke his drumstick ice cream bar into a million pieces. But see the cool red sculpture? Remember that one episode of Project Runway that was here? That's all.

p.s. the bus ride home almost ruined the whole experience because there was a baby sitting in front of us with the stinkiest bum ever. And neither of his moms seemed to care. I don't know what I wanted them to do but they could have at least acted embarrassed.

5 comments:

lissa said...

ugh. when i was pregnant we ate at five guy's burgers once. ok, a million times. but this one time we sat next to a family that had a baby with a stinky diaper and i made us move because i couldn't even eat my burger without wanting to gag. my sense of smell was really heightened when i was pregnant. i'm not sure which is worse: you being in a close-quarters, can't escape situation, or me tryna eat! maybe they're equal. either way i'm sorry you had to smell that baby's you-know-what!

megan said...

the second I saw that picture all I could think of was project runway. I want to go.

REB said...

Hi Regan!

shayna said...

It's been so long since I've seen Regan's face. Such a nice face.

momacita said...

Two moms?