Feb 28, 2008

i've never done this before


no, not get out of bed because i'm still not asleep and get a bowl of cereal* and then take pictures of my new flowers and post about it. we all know i'm no stranger to such activities. but, buy carnations. i've never bought carnations before. in fact, i hate them. but i don't hate them when they're these shades of purple and 99 cents a bouquet at smith's? (there is absolutely no shame in buying holiday leftovers for yourself)

*{i always wish i were the type of person that could eat in bed or eat something late at night and not brush my teeth after. not for the sake of my life span or general health, obviously. but for the sake of recklessness. i'm just not.}

3 comments:

abby said...

I just read two seconds ago that it is "no longer cool to hate on carnations." Way to set the trend. I'm going to have to work on not hating, but your arrangement is really pretty.

Jill said...

I hate carnations too but I think it is because I equate them with baby's breath and that just screams 1985...but I like your bouquet...

Veronica said...

i saw those same purple carnations at my smith's on wednesday and wanted them, so it's not just you. and the other day at work we had some that were white with really thin burgundy edges that were so great.