Sep 21, 2006

karmic inspiration

Sometimes reading other people's blogs makes me want to never write again. This happens for a few reasons, I think. Maybe because then I am responsible for that knowledge and the more knowledge I have the harder it is to be appropriately respectful and original in my own posting. I start getting this paranoia that anything I write is only a regurgitated form of someone else's post and that they did it better anyway. Suppose we've the same audience, and then I'm no better than Sara. I don't want to be Sara.

3 comments:

megan said...

What about the people who feel that way after reading yours... do you really want to rob them of all that doubt about their skills as a writer?

stern mister serious said...

That inspiration is, if nothing else, karmic. Thanks, Kate.

Veronica said...

You could never be Sara. If for no other reason than her incredibly buggy eyes.