Jan 31, 2007

breaks are so hot right now

maybe it's that one Friends episode, or maybe it's Provo, but I don't get why everyone around me thinks 'taking a break' is such a cool idea lately. I don't understand what 'taking a break' in a relationship is all about at all. I mean, if you know it's right, it doesn't matter how much other junk is involved, it's right and you just do it or don't do it. The presence of junk says nothing about the validity of that right feeling. junk is inevitable, i'm pretty sure. and I get the appeal of some in between, less permanent option where you get to test out how much you miss someone with the insurance policy of a get-back-together in your back pocket. I mean, it's the idyllic have your cake and eat it too scenario. but it just seems like such a messy messy cake. Sometimes it's real hard to be clean, I mean, even I get frosting and batter all over myself sometimes. But I'm just saying, I like clean cakes.

No comments: