Feb 27, 2007

go to sunday school, stop worrying about your looks, get some 3D glasses

My mom heard from Jessica in sunday school the other week an interesting thought that Jessica's grandmother had taught her: We will never see our selves as others do. never. because we can't see our selves in 3 dimensions. always only two. mirrors, photos, video, etc. we also rarely see famous people in 3 dimensions. so we just can never know. and we should really just give it a rest already. the whole obsessing over looks thing. most flaws are only noticeable to you and you aren't even seeing in full dimension so you don't know what it looks like. I mean, we can look at our hands and bodies. but even those views are distorted. and we can never look at our own face. basically, you're probably really pretty, so just don't worry about it.

2 comments:

hanner said...

I hate looking at my legs in mirrors.

Megan's helping me get over it.

stern mister serious said...

That is so so sad.