Aug 22, 2007

My lunch is packed, my shoes tied tight

On November 19, 2005 I was sitting at café west in Provo with Tom Perry. We were on our first date. (I know, like that was ever going to work out—I still ‘member that I was wearing a brown and other colors sweater, the blue vans Matt and Amy had bought me just that day for my birthday and my hair was half up. We saw Walk the Line, ate birthday ice cream at the hospital, and drove around forever and ever) But anyway, we were just talking over our $1 ice cream and he asked me what I want to do, really really and I just said ‘I want to own a press.’ I had no idea that’s what I wanted. I mean, I did, I guess, but I’d never said it aloud. But it makes perfect perfect sense. I love paper. I love typography. I love color. I love pattern. I love old things. I love making things. I love cutting things. So, duh. Letterpress. Since then, I’ve dreamed and talked and planned about this magical letterpress I’m going to own and operate. Today I start my first letterpress class up at the U. I am beyond excited. Oh, this will also explain the links list ‘just you wait ‘enry ‘iggins’. Cuz, you know, that’ll be me soon. Right? I’m nervous to go to school again.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

hallelujah.

Allison said...

i will buy all my stationary from you.