Aug 23, 2007

three cheers for mama! or it's been a very long year!


Today is my mom's very last chemo session for her lymphoma (please bless). Basically anything good in me or in my life is because of the efforts of my mom and my dad. So to see her go through something hard and painful has been filled with a high volume and great variety of emotion. It's not entirely over and there will be evidence of this year for the rest of my life. But I am very happy that she will not have to go sit in a recliner and have a 'chemo cocktail' pumped through her veins for hours every two weeks anymore. I wonder how her hair will look when it comes back. Last time it was so dark. And I can't wait for our much anticipated getaway to somewhere far and lovely to relax and enjoy. I just really love my mom. I think I'll take myself to dinner and give myself the red plate, in celebration. Is that allowed?

2 comments:

lissa said...

it's more than allowed! it's required!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

you and your sisters are so cute! this is wonderful news!