Apr 15, 2008

one man's crisis is another man's sweet roll.

There's been a lethal combination of cleaning out all my magazines, rearranging decorative accessories in my house, re-visiting favorite recipes and just a general attempt at harnessing my chi (I don't even know if I actually know what that means but I think I get it well enough to use it in a blah post) going on around my place and it's left me surrounded by some great quotes. And they kind of really do help do all those things I just listed. And anyway-here's one of my favorites:

"As we grow older and realize more clearly the limitations of human happiness, we come to see that the only real and abiding pleasure in life is to give pleasure to other people."
-P.G. Wodehouse

So—if I invite you over for chimichangas/cinnamon stack biscuits/really dense nut-filled sweet rolls/sun chips/etc., please say yes. And then act like you're so full of pleasure you could burst. And your pretended pleasure will fill me with real pleasure (because i gave you pleasure). Which, in turn, will fill you with real pleasure because you gave me real pleasure. (and yes, all i can think about while typing this is "you are giving me pleassssssure.")

1 comment:

bec said...

mmm...cinnamon stack biscuits, maddy and i can be there in 5 hours.