May 13, 2008

clap your hands

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. (probably, sadly, because of the lack of internet at the homestead.) And. I think. That. People should be happier. It just kind of makes me feel sick how often I am unhappy or I don't even realize when I am happy or I just see people around me that aren't happy. I just believe that we are supposed to be happy for most of our lives. I don't think we should take the easy, lazy way out of everything. (That wouldn't make us happy anyway.) But I do think that we are allowed to do whatever is in our power to make our lives happier. And we should not feel guilty about having happiness be our motivation for doing things. (Obviously I'm assuming the things that will make us happy will not cause someone else unhappiness.) It's just that this is our life. It's not like we're waiting for our real life. This is it. Me typing this out to post it on the internet (which i still don't understand) is my life. It just is. And it only lasts so long. And I'm doing what I'm doing with it. Sometimes I don't even know what would make me happy. It's okay to not always be happy. But in general, people are meant to be happy. And, in my experience, it takes just about the same amount of energy to be happy as it does to be unhappy. So that's just a waste.

No comments: