Oct 26, 2006

Things I've Learned About Hospitals and Me:

-They make me cold.
-They always smell like that.
-Catholic themed hospitals don't bother me.
-The elevators are shaped just right for gernies. (I hate that)
-There is never anything worth buying in the gift shop.
-I can rarely pass an open room door and not look in. Even though I hate looking in.
-I never want to be a nurse.
-I kind of want to be a nurse.
-I've yet to be disappointed by a grilled cheese sandwich purchased at a hospital.
-They are not all the same. (some have remote controls and pull-out beds)
-They have the fuzziest fuzzy socks.
-Patients/Personnel/Patrons have no problem welcoming you to the hospital with a healthy dose of secondhand smoke right outside the front doors.
-They'll bring you free drinks if you ask.
-I hope my husband is not a doctor.
-I hope my husband is a doctor.
-I will never not be tempted to open the door of the "infection control" room.

2 comments:

4-Slyce said...

Hi Kate. Totally agree. Question. Do you enjoy omelet night at UVRMC?

Veronica said...

I did tell you! Yesterday afternoon. Right before I told you the dream. I punctuated it with multiple exclamation points that apparently went unnoticed, or maybe they exclaimed themselves right into a cyberspace vortex. Come to think of it, I was kind of surprised at your lack of response.

In other news, I hear blog comments are now a valid form of correspondence.