Jun 8, 2007

you've gotta be smarter than the smart-ink

i bought a dress at forever 21 (thanks for the gift card, mama) and they forgot to take off the sensor thing. well, i maybe wanted to wear it on a blind date last night (that's another post. that will never be posted.) and i really didn't want to drive the 1 mile to Gateway to have them take it off. What? It was rainy. So I set my mind on beating the system.













Some things future system beaters should know:
-isolate the sensor by wrapping a plastic protective layer (the bag the clothing came in works great) between the sensor and the item
-there really is (green) ink in those things
-scissors are no match for the steel rod in there. they will break
-this is exhilarating and you feel real good when you reach victory
-wire cutters are strong enough but so fat
-all the tugging will probably make that rod wear some type of hole in the article of clothing
-this will take way longer than it takes to drive a mile

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That's way too risky. I could never try it because a) I know I would screw it up, and b) I would feel like I was doing something illegal, like when I don't take a bag at the grocery store and just walk out with my purchase but it kind of looks like I stole it.